RR Donnelley takes CGX

Started by Slappy, October 24, 2013, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Damn, $620 Million doesn't actually sound like a lot considering how many shops are CGX. Isn't it close to becoming a monopoly at this point?

Ah, just saw this in the News of the Weird thread...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

andyfest

Quote from: Slappy on October 24, 2013, 12:01:20 PMDamn, $620 Million doesn't actually sound like a lot considering how many shops are CGX. Isn't it close to becoming a monopoly at this point?
Eeew. Have had substantial work from clients in the past couple of years in which the files were RRD-prep'd. Not very good quality - sloppy work really.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

All the RRD/bowne/whoever never says no files tend to be utter shit. They just want to push it out so it's someone else's problem.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

it's all full auto there, no one looks at it, seriously, no one.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

Quote from: david on October 24, 2013, 01:10:56 PMit's all full auto there, no one looks at it, seriously, no one.
...and it shows....
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

Yea, and we still have to make our deadline... even if we were promised files at 5PM and don't see them until 5AM.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

so what seems to be the problem?
my other printer got me my stuff on time...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Foozball

Quote from: Slappy on October 24, 2013, 12:01:20 PMDamn, $620 Million doesn't actually sound like a lot considering how many shops are CGX. Isn't it close to becoming a monopoly at this point?

Ah, just saw this in the News of the Weird thread...
In my city, that means the biggest print shop (where I work) just bought out the union shop.
Interesting times ahead, as the union shop also runs digital, something they have NO CLUE about here. The competency level where I work is decent, but from what I hear of rrd, that's something that's totally dependant on each plant.
I'd be interested to know what HotMetal has to say about his former place of employment...?