Recent

Author Topic: Photoshop plugin for prepress 35% Off sale  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Ace Fotofix

Photoshop plugin for prepress 35% Off sale
« on: March 29, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »
Hi ,

I am new member i have just launched my website with photoshop plugin/Extension related to retouching in Prepress. I would greatly appreciate if you people can check and send me your review

www.acefotofix.com

Regard's
Ace Fotofix
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:21:50 PM by Ace Fotofix »

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member
  • The jerk store called, and they're out of you.
Re: Photoshop plugin for prepress
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »
The first thing I would do if I were you would be to fix your website so that you do not use apostrophes to denote plurality. I noted a couple here in the screenshot, but there are others.
Prinergy 8.1.1.286 • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Engrishy?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 01:41:01 AM »
Why is this being presented on a smartphone thing? I have yet to have management ask me to prep job on a phone.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Ace Fotofix

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Hi DCurry / gnubler

Thankyou for the feedback just now fixed some of the text and images

Ace Fotofix

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Why is this being presented on a smartphone thing? I have yet to have management ask me to prep job on a phone.

It isn't. The image being worked on is of a hand holding a smart phone.

After watching the video I can see this might be a useful tool if someone does a lot of image work. Though about everything it does can be done in Photoshop without this plugin it does wrap it up in a pretty decent interface. I can't see it being used by prepress people but more for photographers and designers.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
I have to agree with Joe. Although it wraps things up in decent interface, I would never use it myself. It really doesn't do anything a moderate user in Photoshop couldn't do. It isn't doing any "magic" that I can see. You still have to paint and manipulate images just like you would have to do anyway.

The overall look of the website looks a little amateur. If this product is to be presented to a professional crowd, you may want to do what Curry says, as well as improve the overall design. It looks... simple. Don't know another word to describe it.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:20:15 PM »

It isn't. The image being worked on is of a hand holding a smart phone.

Ahhhhhhh, now I see. I seriously thought it was an iOS app that you could snap a pic of a plate/press sheet & get some kind of info back about image problem areas.

To the site owner/developer: I would make it a LOT more obvious from just a glance what this is, do away with that "hand holding a phone" image & use something more "traditional" maybe. And hire a voice over person to narrate the demo vid, catchy music is nice but it really should inform the viewer what's happening.
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member
  • The jerk store called, and they're out of you.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »

Hi DCurry / gnubler

Thankyou for the feedback just now fixed some of the text and images

Ace Fotofix

Still wrong. Just different wrong now.
Prinergy 8.1.1.286 • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
Obviously English isn't his native language. Of course people probably think that about me sometimes too. :laugh:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline ratintrap

• Ninja Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
 :ninja:

Offline Ace Fotofix

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the suggestion i have just re-designed my site and uploaded with new  Offer

Ace Fotofix