Recent

Author Topic: Looking for advice...  (Read 15817 times)

Online born2print

• Supreme Ninja
Re: Looking for advice...
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »

You could sell yourself

Wouldn't that require her to move to Nevada? :laugh:
Right! Save on taxes  :wink:
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
That man looks like an alien. I put on the glasses and he was one of Them™!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Online born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »

I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »
How far back do you guys list employment on your resume?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
1 job...
but I've been here for 30 years
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline Sabrina The Turd Polisher

• Ninja Master
  • You want me to do WHAT with THAT?
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 01:30:18 PM »
Mine goes back about 12 years. But I was at my last job for over 7 years. Then I have an abbreviated list of jobs before that.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
i have every employer on there that has related experience to what im applying for, even if its ancient history. 

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »

1 job...
but I've been here for 30 years

:laugh:  Unheard of! If I go that far back, I should probably omit "shitting in diapers" in my skills list.

i have every employer on there that has related experience to what im applying for, even if its ancient history.

That's pretty much what I do. I've had so many jobs I'm trying to figure out if some of them should just "unexist".

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
I go back to 1450 when I was doing prepress for Johannes.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
You & david both, apparently.

I found a typo in your bible, dude.

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
id consider that some employers would prefer to see a stable work history. Not that i have one, but there was a period where i cycled jobs for a few years until i could find one that i could tolerate. Those i leave off.  NO ONE is going to remember who did what 10-15 years ago, so i fudge the dates to cover the gaps.

it works for me, but im "job search lazy" and dont actively look for new opportunity. i guess things are still "tolerable" at the current shop.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »

You & david both, apparently.

I found a typo in your bible, dude.

Dude, I'm prepress...not a damn proof reader. Talk to the author! :angry:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:21 PM »
I saw one of the characters at a restaurant yesterday, his nametag said "Jesus".  :laugh:  You probably have a couple in your bindery by now.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »

NO ONE is going to remember who did what 10-15 years ago, so i fudge the dates to cover the gaps.

And seeing as these are all printing jobs, at least 3 of the shops where I worked no longer exist. Let the fudging begin.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

I saw one of the characters at a restaurant yesterday, his nametag said "Jesus".  :laugh:  You probably have a couple in your bindery by now.

Not us. Most of the Mexicans fled when the company required bank accounts for direct deposit. Still have a couple of pressman but no bindery workers.