Amazon Drones

Started by Joe, December 02, 2013, 12:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on December 02, 2013, 02:42:58 PMI just watched that video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BIu9dpwHU

I can't wait to start my collection of orange containers! I visualize Amazon buildings with swarms of drones coming and going like clouds of swallows. Except around airports.
Captain! We just had a drone strike! We'll have to land in the Hudson River.

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 02, 2013, 01:56:36 PMBetween Fernley and the Oregon/Idaho border you have 2 towns (it seems like). Lovelock and Winnemucca. And you think they fuck you at the drive through...

I'm hearing lonely/scary Ry Cooder slide guitar.   :undecided:  Bill Bryson, in one of  his USA travel books, talked about the number of hitchhiker disappearences in Nevada, over the years.   :shocked:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 02, 2013, 01:56:36 PMBetween Fernley and the Oregon/Idaho border you have 2 towns (it seems like). Lovelock and Winnemucca. And you think they fuck you at the drive through...

I drove across Nevada once, the "loneliest highway in America". After the Fernley metropolis there was really nothing but barren desert for 250 miles until Ely, other than the old shoe tree that some fucker has since chopped down. Seriously, it was the only tree within 200 miles.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on December 02, 2013, 08:29:29 PM

I drove across Nevada once, the "loneliest highway in America". After the Fernley metropolis there was really nothing but barren desert for 250 miles until Ely, other than the old shoe tree that some fucker has since chopped down. Seriously, it was the only tree within 200 miles.

You should try driving I-70 across Kansas then.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I've done it, twice. :yawn:  Along with driving across Texas, it took me two days because it got so boring. Most of the western states have so much empty space it's possible to drive at least an hour or two (off interstate) and not see another car if you time it right.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

MandL

Quote from: gnubler on December 02, 2013, 10:16:30 PMI've done it, twice. :yawn:  Along with driving across Texas, it took me two days because it got so boring. Most of the western states have so much empty space it's possible to drive at least an hour or two (off interstate) and not see another car if you time it right.
My son drove from Toledo OH to South Padre Island Texas with 5 of his buddies in a jeep (not the kind you can take the top off), stopping only for taco bell and coffee... imagine the stink!!! I think I'll take two days of boring over that! lol
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | RamPage 13 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Basysprint 540 CTP

Fontaholic

Quote from: Grimace on December 02, 2013, 04:55:51 PMI visualize Amazon buildings with swarms of drones coming and going like clouds of swallows. Except around airports.
Captain! We just had a drone strike! We'll have to land in the Hudson River.

I sometimes wonder if the passenger pigeon hadn't become extinct when it did, if the airline industry would've been able to progress the way it did...

But then I try to steer my mind onto more productive paths.  Usually doesn't work...  :rolleyes:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Farabomb

My brother brought up a good point. People are going to shooting these things out of the sky with paintball guns and such.

This is so not going to work.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Farabomb on December 03, 2013, 08:33:36 AMMy brother brought up a good point. People are going to shooting these things out of the sky with paintball guns and such.

This is so not going to work.
:laugh: That was my first thought when I saw the pics yesterday.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on December 02, 2013, 05:02:37 PM

I'm hearing lonely/scary Ry Cooder slide guitar.   :undecided:  Bill Bryson, in one of  his USA travel books, talked about the number of hitchhiker disappearences in Nevada, over the years.   :shocked:
More like dueling banjos.

Back in '80 or so my Aunt had a diesel Rabbit, and taking us kids to Idaho for the summer it broke down between Winnemucca, NV and McDermitt, Oregon. Turns out if was a clogged fuel filter. No one had metric tools. I can't remember how long we got delayed. Buzzards were circling.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Those are good eatin' out in Winnemucca.