Recent

Author Topic: Netgear Powerline  (Read 2795 times)

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
Netgear Powerline
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
For the record Netgear forums suck balls.

I have a 5001 and a 5004 and they worked awesomely... enough to stream HDX via vudu from over 50 feet away.. but then I added two 1301v2s and now my 5001 and 5004 suck donkey dick, and I'm a sad panda. the 1301v2s work, but don't broadcast remotely over the web when accessed via 3rd party software on a smart phone and I don't know why; it works when hard wired.
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
Re: Netgear Powerline
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
Your family is in the hospital and this is even an issue on your mind right now?

Huh.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »

For the record Netgear forums suck balls.

I have a 5001 and a 5004 and they worked awesomely... enough to stream HDX via vudu from over 50 feet away.. but then I added two 1301v2s and now my 5001 and 5004 suck donkey dick, and I'm a sad panda. the 1301v2s work, but don't broadcast remotely over the web when accessed via 3rd party software on a smart phone and I don't know why; it works when hard wired.

Yes and

jmizoguchi

your ass will be :banned: if you even think about going off topic. Or just asking a question in the wrong place.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
Is he worse than Dan Korn?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
I don't know Dan Korn but yes.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=301939 date=1534265274
I get back to my dept and I'm all bleep you and bleep this bleep :laugh:

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
When I used to search the FusionPro forum I occasionally saw threads of Corn vs Korn. Very entertaining!

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
I don't do HuffPo.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
I know, but the alternative was TMZ so.... yeah.

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
Still no answer from Netgear. FTR, I was relocating the man cave from what is now going to be the baby's room into the garage, so I had to rewire the network. I was trying to use the Powerline connection because the first one I bought worked so well, but now they are both in the shitter. I removed the 1301v2s entirely, but the 5001/5004 combo that was so awesome before is now limping along. I'm having an electrician add an outlet behind my living room entertainment center to see if proper rewiring can solve the issue, but if not, I'll have to tunnel under the house and run Cat 6 everywhere, which is probably going to require literal tunneling or hiring a small person, because the HVAC return ductwork under the house physically prevents someone my size from accessing the living room.
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »
thought this was 42 seconds, but apparently it's minutes...
– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »
Could be hours...or days...or weeks...or months! :laugh:

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »
Rewiring the room in question to properly ground now... no more hole in the stucco, and no more 6-foot copper rod buried just outside the room.
– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
Ran a line across the eaves to the main box and grounded it on the same terminal strip that Comcast installed to ground their line. Also cut into the drywall and installed a second dedicated outlet so no more power strips, extension cords or multiple things plugged in; the one "power strip" I am using is a MonsterTM Clean Power system, designed for such use. Anyway, Powerline problem solved! I can stream HDX again! Yippee!
– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway