Anybody have a good source for security/"void" paper stock??

Started by Fontaholic, March 04, 2014, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hey everyone,

A customer gave us a sample of an NCR security paper stock which not only has a the "void security pattern" in its background (you photocopy it and the word "VOID" appears on the copy), but also a red dot in the lower right-hand corner which has heat-sensitive ink in the red dot, so that if any heat is applied to it, it disappears.

We've only used DocuGard (DocuGuard?) security stock for our customers that need stuff like this, so I'm wondering if any of you fine folks have a source for this kind of stock that you wouldn't mind sharing?   :hello:

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers, John the Fontaholic  :drunk3:

David

for security reasons....  no
and don't copy this post, it will display a watermark and send an email to the FBI     :toaster:

just kidding, no I don't have a resource, sorry, couldn't resist
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Too late now...good going david. Our underground connection just collapsed. :toaster:

Judgement Day is upon us.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

we use Zapco (http://www.zapcopaper.com/products.asp?cat=19)

get it from the local paper plus/xpedx. runs fine through all the digital equipment - this is also a good source for poly or "tearproof" paper thats laser-compatible..

Fontaholic

Quote from: delooch on March 04, 2014, 02:30:55 PMwe use Zapco (http://www.zapcopaper.com/products.asp?cat=19)

get it from the local paper plus/xpedx. runs fine through all the digital equipment - this is also a good source for poly or "tearproof" paper thats laser-compatible..

:goodpost:

Looks promising, from what I'm seeing -- thanks!   :banana:

I'll forward the link to Duh Boss and see what he has to say about it...  :rolleyes:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic  :drunk3: