New Adobe Acrobat and Document Cloud available in the next 30 days

Started by abc, March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

Joe

Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 PMNew Adobe Acrobat and Document Cloud available in the next 30 days
http://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/document-cloud/announce.html?scid=social41898766

And you already have Pitstop compatible with it right since I'm sure Adobe supplies Enfocus with advanced copies...right??? :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

At least there is this info...

QuoteAcrobat already is part of Creative Cloud, employed by a subset of creative users for tasks like mock-ups, markup and response, pre-press support and more. All Creative Cloud subscribers automatically become Document Cloud subscribers, too.

abc

Quote from: Joe on March 17, 2015, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 PMNew Adobe Acrobat and Document Cloud available in the next 30 days
http://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/document-cloud/announce.html?scid=social41898766

And you already have Pitstop compatible with it right since I'm sure Adobe supplies Enfocus with advanced copies...right??? :rotf:

Actually yes. 12.3 onwards is ok. Not fully optimised for the new interface but it works ok. Older versions on Mac are a different story as there are a lot of changes under the hood.

swampymarsh

Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:39:54 PMActually yes. 12.3 onwards is ok. Not fully optimised for the new interface but it works ok.

:shoots_self:

It would be nice if the new interface is the old v9 interface and the joke that was X/XI was forever benished. Yeah I know...

abc

Quote from: swampymarsh on March 17, 2015, 04:12:06 PM
Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:39:54 PMActually yes. 12.3 onwards is ok. Not fully optimised for the new interface but it works ok.

:shoots_self:

It would be nice if the new interface is the old v9 interface and the joke that was X/XI was forever benished. Yeah I know...

Watch the video on the link

Slappy

Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 04:16:58 PMWatch the video on the link
I did, and al l I saw were happy people making happy PDFs on their happy tablets. No anger, no swearing so by inference - no prepress. It's glorious!!! They've made everything Bettererâ„¢ for us, chaps!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

Quote from: Slappy on March 17, 2015, 04:22:11 PM
I did, and al l I saw were happy people making happy PDFs on their happy tablets. No anger, no swearing so by inference - no prepress. It's glorious!!! They've made everything Bettererâ„¢ for us, chaps!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Quote from: Slappy on March 17, 2015, 04:22:11 PM

Glorious isn't it!

Joe

That might be the most useless 'Learn More' video ever made.

Possum

Anything with "Cloud" in the title just gets a sneer from me.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Made in Taiwan

But this video shows pretty much who Adobe wants to become the main user group of Acrobat: Secretaries, Office people, Sales staff. Printing companies will be neglected. But since Adobe knows that there's a lack of alternatives out there, they can afford to do so. Maybe one day a competitor product shows up and Adobe goes the same way like Quark before...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

abc

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on March 18, 2015, 12:39:04 AMBut this video shows pretty much who Adobe wants to become the main user group of Acrobat: Secretaries, Office people, Sales staff. Printing companies will be neglected. But since Adobe knows that there's a lack of alternatives out there, they can afford to do so. Maybe one day a competitor product shows up and Adobe goes the same way like Quark before...

That's already their target market and has been for many years. If you look at the top 5 markets for Acrobat print does not appear.
It's medical, corporate, insurance etc. You can find some nice threads on Printplanet where they openly say that.

Made in Taiwan

I've read those threads already. I also don't want to convert this thread here into the ten-millionth thread about how much Adobe sucks. They're flying too high, that's for sure. But so far there is nearly no chance for them to fall down. If not Adobe, what else could we use? I mean, there might be alternatives out there but who can afford them?

Is there any chance for a Pitstop standalone solution that could substitute Acrobat in the future, maybe?
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

abc