Started by born2print, April 28, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

see attached

SOLD, FYI  :cry:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

Low res images, font not embedded, would not buy.  ;)

Actually if I wasn't on the other coast I would consider it. There is a family over by me that has like 5 of them. Even a 70's red flake one. Almost makes me want to forgive disco.

Almost.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

How does The Isle of Man come into beach buggies? Please explain.

This was my great grandfather's last ship before he retired.. to quietly expire in 1918.

Captain Tom_Ben-My-Chree

Gotta love wikipedia. Someone's updated this really nicely in the last few years. They always get a few bucks from me when they appeal.
Jimmy Wales is up there with Berners-lee, in my estimation.

Yeah... love beach buggies.   8)
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

StudioMonkey

Quote from: frailer on April 28, 2015, 09:31:35 PMHow does The Isle of Man come into beach buggies? Please explain.
This also from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyers_Manx

QuoteThe Meyers Manx dune buggy is a small recreationally-oriented automobile, designed initially for desert racing by Californian engineer, artist, boat builder and surfer Bruce F. Meyers. It was produced by his Fountain Valley, California company, B. F. Meyers & Co. from 1964 to 1971, in the form of car kits applied to shortened chassis of Volkswagen Beetles.[1]:120 [2] The car line dominated dune racing in its time, breaking records immediately, and was eventually also released in street-oriented models, until the company's demise due to tax problems after Meyers's departure.[1]:118–123 New vehicles inspired by the original Manx buggy have been produced by Meyers's re-founded operation, Meyers Manx, Inc., since 2000.[2] The name and cat logo of the brand derives from the Manx cat, by virtue of the tailless breed's and the shortened vehicle's truncated "stubbiness".
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

Not sure if it is just me or what but I can't see any of that previous post. I thought of trying to edit it but it is a real mess. Maybe trying posting it again.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2015, 09:07:32 AMNot sure if it is just me or what but I can't see any of that previous post. I thought of trying to edit it but it is a real mess. Maybe trying posting it again.

it looks like some serious bad code...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: david on April 29, 2015, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2015, 09:07:32 AMNot sure if it is just me or what but I can't see any of that previous post. I thought of trying to edit it but it is a real mess. Maybe trying posting it again.

it looks like some serious bad code...
... in Manx Gaelic?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

StudioMonkey

Repost:

Quote from: frailer on April 28, 2015, 09:31:35 PMHow does The Isle of Man come into beach buggies? Please explain.
This also from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyers_Manx

QuoteThe Meyers Manx dune buggy is a small recreationally-oriented automobile, designed initially for desert racing by Californian engineer, artist, boat builder and surfer Bruce F. Meyers. It was produced by his Fountain Valley, California company, B. F. Meyers & Co. from 1964 to 1971, in the form of car kits applied to shortened chassis of Volkswagen Beetles.[1]:120 [2] The car line dominated dune racing in its time, breaking records immediately, and was eventually also released in street-oriented models, until the company's demise due to tax problems after Meyers's departure.[1]:118–123 New vehicles inspired by the original Manx buggy have been produced by Meyers's re-founded operation, Meyers Manx, Inc., since 2000.[2] The name and cat logo of the brand derives from the Manx cat, by virtue of the tailless breed's and the shortened vehicle's truncated "stubbiness".
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana