xx
Stapling on the Fiery CWS?
by Joe
November 02, 2018, 02:36:22 PM

xx
Acrobat excessive RAM usage
by Joe
November 01, 2018, 06:02:04 PM

Topic: What's the highest Mac OS capable of running Nexus Manager? (Read 1280 times) previous topic - next topic

What's the highest Mac OS capable of running Nexus Manager?

Currently we are running Nexus 10.1.3 with the latest version of Nexus Manager that came with that download. Using OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion I have no trouble connecting to Nexus Manager. However, when I try to use my laptop running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite, I have no luck connecting to Nexus Manager. Is anyone out there running an OS higher than 10.8 successfully with Nexus/Nexus Manager v10.1.3? We are trying to decide which OS to upgrade to before subscribing to (ugh) Abode CC, but we have to keep in mind connectivity to our Nexus client software.  :banghead:
Sweet FA right now.

Re: What's the highest Mac OS capable of running Nexus Manager?

Reply #1
Currently we are running Nexus 10.1.3 with the latest version of Nexus Manager that came with that download. Using OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion I have no trouble connecting to Nexus Manager. However, when I try to use my laptop running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite, I have no luck connecting to Nexus Manager. Is anyone out there running an OS higher than 10.8 successfully with Nexus/Nexus Manager v10.1.3? We are trying to decide which OS to upgrade to before subscribing to (ugh) Abode CC, but we have to keep in mind connectivity to our Nexus client software.  :banghead:

Looks like OS X 10.9.x

http://www.esko.com/en/SystemRequirements/Nexus/10_1_3/#NexusManager
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Re: What's the highest Mac OS capable of running Nexus Manager?

Reply #2
Thanks Joe. Just got off the phone with Byron at Esko and he said that although they say 10.9 is the highest supported OS for Nexus, you can run 10.10 on older iMacs, Pros, etc. Brand new Macs that are preloaded with Yosemite apparently don't work because of a change in the network card that makes them incompatible with Nexus Manager. Once I turned off the wifi on my laptop (mid-2008 Mac Pro) and re-restarted Nexus Manager I was able to connect by entering the correct IP address. With a few tweaks to the app prefs, the job queue looked pretty close to the one running on my iMac.
:banana: 

Sweet FA right now.