error on page acrobat may not display page etc

Started by motormount, December 29, 2015, 02:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motormount

Got an 1.4 pdf from mac InDesign CS6, pdf lib10.0.1 (a 28 page A5 magazine )

I preflighted the file, nothing weird but when i try to open it inside printready, after the prepare sequence the 
''an error exists on this page. acrobat may not display the page correctly. please contact the person...'' error comes out.

I used the acrobat's preflight fix ''convert to x1a'' , same as before.

I used a non trapping prepare sequence in printready, same.

Only after i used pitstop's convert to x1a profile the pdf could be opened inside printready....

Any ideas?

I can send the file if anyone's interested and having been warned that is in Greek - literally -   

Farabomb

I've seen that in the past and honestly, I ignored it. YWWV.

Post it up anyway and I'll see what I can come up with.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Ditto on what FB said. I get the error but it will still go through Prinergy most of the time. Also I have weened myself off of X/1A. If I do anything I'll place the PDF back into Indy and make a new one. We only use the presets in Indy for X/4A and that is the preset we either supply to our customers or have them to use after changing the compression from jpeg to zip.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

motormount

Thanks Farabomb, i send you the file more out of curiosity than real need, like i said i've send the job for plating already!

Joe, i 'd rather not place any kind of pdf to my printshop's classic cs2 indesign.

But even if we had a newer version where i could place multible page pdfs at once, i still think placing and exporting pdf's from indie can cause problems.

Are you using some special tool or you just place them there?

Farabomb

I have a script I believe I found here that automates placing multipage PDFs. Click on script, choose PDF and it will create pages and place the PDF.

Placing PDFs and reexporting just saved us having to kick back a job. File came as 5c and prinergy didn't like how it was built. It converted the spot but lost most of the images on the front. You could select the item in pitstop but changing values did nothing. Dropped it into indy, exported and was on my way. I can understand not wanting to do it in CS2, that's a bit old. Also, how is that Quadra running these days?

In prepress I've learned there are a lot of things you shouldn't do but don't forget about them. Illustrator isn't a PDF editor and it can cause issues but I'd be lying if I haven't thrown a hail mary and used it and it worked fine.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Yeah agreed about CS2. I wouldn't try putting a newer PDF into that old of a version. Last resort...Save As .ps from acrobat and distill. Just check the resulting pdf closely.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

That was my first course of action with the funky PDF I mentioned. I actually had to go find distiller as I deleted the shortcut when I removed Quark.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job