December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: REQ: Simplify a PDF (Read 1888 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: REQ: Simplify a PDF

Reply #15
Well bless that designers little heart for creating those 999 trillion vector lines! >:(

An action list has been processing for a while now. Will it get done today?
I'm thinking - not. It's a right bastard. I'm pulling them apart & rasterizing just the "wave" parts as best I can just in case.

Yeah it eventually locked up Acrobat.
lol, Rest in Peace!  :lmao:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Reply #16
I got an hour to kill, I can give it a try.

Sorry I wasn't on before. Too busy doing the fired guy's work.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #17
Wow, that's an unbelievable amount of vector juice. I wonder WTF the designer was thinking (or not). I've seen files with far less complexity kill Nexus so I'm not even going to try and input/optimize. I would be of the same opinion re: segregate the "wave" portions out and raster them.
:shoots_self:
Sweet FA right now.

Reply #18
I have a tiny .75x.75 tag I do with a tiny logo. It is CHOCK full of points. Guess what happens when I put 360+ of them up on a sheet?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #19
A unicorn flies out of your monitor pooping Twinkies?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #20
I would be of the same opinion re: segregate the "wave" portions out and raster them.
Much as I dreaded doing it, and 1.5 hrs (of un-billed time) later got it all dissected, reassembled and threw that pile o'crap back through the RIP. Made sure the Bossman knew about it too, because he's making noise like this could be a recurring set of jobs. Next time I'm rasterizing the entire thing, no more making semi-pretty.

Thanks to all for giving it a shot, Friday drinks are on me!!  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Reply #21
Jpeg that shit, boot it back to the customer, and say 'this is what it comes out like - try something else'.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Reply #22
Hopefully the Vector swirls will be the same and you can reuse your images!

Reply #23
If it's going to be recurring - get out ahead of it now and educate the customer/designer so that it comes in clean next time...  
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #24
If it's going to be recurring - get out ahead of it now and educate the customer/designer so that it comes in clean next time... 

....I'm trying my best to hold a straight face here.  :lmao:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #25
It reminds of the Prinergy artwork.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #26
Ohh this is just perfect!
Can you ping this to me please?
Got something that might just do the trick here!
andrewb@enfocus.com

Reply #27
Thanks for those, development are going to love them!!

Reply #28
Ddi you get the link? I'll send through PM if not, they're nasty!!

Reply #29
Ddi you get the link? I'll send through PM if not, they're nasty!!

I sent him the link.