Pitstop 2018
by frailer
June 13, 2018, 11:43:51 PM

xx
High Sierra Compatibility
by Diddler
June 13, 2018, 10:53:13 PM

xx

Topic: Cant move objects with mouse! (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

Cant move objects with mouse!

Indesign CC, 2015, PC..

I suddenly cant move/drag objects with the mouse. I can resize and select, i can nudge with the keyboard, but no dragging of the objects. The layers arent locked, nor are the objects... any ideas?

Re: Cant move objects with mouse!

Reply #1
nevermind. I deleted preferences and it worked. except i had to delete preferences  >:(

Reply #2
Some people get it working by rebooting. Some have to delete preferences. I saw one where logging out of and back into the creative cloud app fixed it.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #3
In the future, here's a quick list of fail-safe checks to look at:

1) change the battery
2) plug it back in
3) flip it over and make sure some joker didn't tape a piece of paper over the optics
4) make sure the computer is on
5) make sure you're sitting in front of the right computer
6) make sure it's a mouse and not another object, like a stapler or shoe
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #4
#6 was my next option

Reply #5
shoe works pretty well...

just saying'

:rotf:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

Reply #6
You could also try putting it in the microwave. :ninja:
beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living  -Bob Marley

Reply #7
You know, moving objects is a lot more work than resizing a box. Maybe it was the computers way of telling you that you are working too hard. and should just take it easy.

If you were on a Mac using a magic mouse, I'd say you are having issues because the magic's gone  :P

That shoe idea though. Brilliant!  I suspect a boot would be even better though. More weight means more damage when you throw it.