xx
Whole of job corruption upstream?
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: Cant move objects with mouse! (Read 444 times) previous topic - next topic

Cant move objects with mouse!

Indesign CC, 2015, PC..

I suddenly cant move/drag objects with the mouse. I can resize and select, i can nudge with the keyboard, but no dragging of the objects. The layers arent locked, nor are the objects... any ideas?
"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."

Re: Cant move objects with mouse!

Reply #1
nevermind. I deleted preferences and it worked. except i had to delete preferences  >:(
"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."

Reply #2
Some people get it working by rebooting. Some have to delete preferences. I saw one where logging out of and back into the creative cloud app fixed it.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #3
In the future, here's a quick list of fail-safe checks to look at:

1) change the battery
2) plug it back in
3) flip it over and make sure some joker didn't tape a piece of paper over the optics
4) make sure the computer is on
5) make sure you're sitting in front of the right computer
6) make sure it's a mouse and not another object, like a stapler or shoe
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #4
#6 was my next option

Reply #5
shoe works pretty well...

just saying'

:rotf:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

Reply #6
You could also try putting it in the microwave. :ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #7
You know, moving objects is a lot more work than resizing a box. Maybe it was the computers way of telling you that you are working too hard. and should just take it easy.

If you were on a Mac using a magic mouse, I'd say you are having issues because the magic's gone  :P

That shoe idea though. Brilliant!  I suspect a boot would be even better though. More weight means more damage when you throw it.