xx
Remember Client Password
by seratne
November 12, 2018, 05:11:05 PM

angry
mac rage
by wonderings
November 12, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

Topic: Adobe Creative Cloud Price Increases (Read 1800 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud Price Increases

Reply #30
I have a feeling they won't even let you go back to the individual accounts if they get less money for them.

The whole pricing structure doesn't make sense. Individual accounts are more cumbersome to manage from their end also, so you should get a price break, not an increase. I guess it's a feature, not a bug.

I don't think there is anyway they could stop it. We just stop the payments on the Teams account and sign up for an individual account for 11 different users. Then we will have to make 11 different payments for each user. More work on our end but worth it in the long run. When we first signed up for it years ago we were going to go with individual accounts but Adobe recommended for that many users it was easier for us to admin with a Teams account and they gave it to us at the time for $36 per month which was cheaper than the individual accounts. But every year since then we've been getting less and less discounts. The past year we were paying $66.49 which is a 5% discount and we were guaranteed a 10% discount for the following two years. Now it seems the price has gone up to $79.99 with no 10% discount as promised to us when we renewed last year.

Not saying you should do this, more of a hypothetical could you question of course  ;)  You can use one account 2 times at the same time. Would it be cheaper... hypothetically to drop to 6 accounts used by 12 people?

Reply #31
Yes it can be done. Yes it would be cheaper. Yes it would be in violation of the Adobe TOS. I know there are places that do that. I prefer not to take that chance myself.

Plus most of us that are here have it installed at home as the 2nd license which does NOT violate the Adobe TOS. :wink:
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #32
 :git off mah lawn:
Yes it can be done. Yes it would be cheaper. Yes it would be in violation of the Adobe TOS. I know there are places that do that. I prefer not to take that chance myself.

Plus most of us that are here have it installed at home as the 2nd license which does NOT violate the Adobe TOS. :wink:

Such an insane amount of money with zero software to show for it if you ever decide to cancel your subscription. I would not feel bad about a subscription if I could keep an older version of the software if I decided to cancel somewhere down the road, but not giving me anything it leaves a horrendous taste in my mouth.

Reply #33
Dealing with Adobe at all these days does that to you. Their time will come just like it did with Quark when it was king and thought it couldn't be touched.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.