July 07, 2018, 09:20:09 AM

xx
EU Article 13
by born2print
July 05, 2018, 06:14:29 PM

Topic: Best free PDF Editor? (Read 681 times) previous topic - next topic

Best free PDF Editor?

Hey All,

Do you know any free application for commercial use in which you could modify the pdf file? I mean cutting to any size I want, it would be the main function of such application and possibly checking the color separation.

Thanks!

Re: Best free PDF Editor?

Reply #1
Cutting to any size you want? Do you mean cropping?

The only free PDF viewer I know that will display separations is PACKZVIEW.

http://www.packz.com/downloads-info/
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #2
Yes, I mean cropping.

Reply #3
I think you would need Acrobat Pro to be able to crop PDF's.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #4
Yes, I agree, but I am looking for a program for which I do not have to pay. I need to install it on several computers and only to crop PDF files. Thus, Acrobat Pro would be wasted on these computers.

Reply #5
Well if you are using Macs you can crop a PDF with Preview that comes with the Mac OS.. But Preview can destroy PDF's that contain live transparency.

There are also online options:

https://pdfresizer.com/crop

https://pdfcandy.com/crop-pdf.html

But I would be careful of those too.

Reply #6
Unfortunately, we work on Windows. We can not use the online application because we have confidential files and they can not go outside the company. I guess finding such an application can be difficult and I would not ask you for help without searching the web first.

Reply #7
Personally if you have those kinds of requirements I think it would be worth your money to purchase Acrobat DC Pro.

Reply #9
swampymarsh, thank you very much for your help. Briss meets what I was looking for. It looks a bit primitive but does what I need. Thank you again for your help.