May 12, 2018, 12:49:13 PM

xx
VDP Brainfart
by Slappy
May 10, 2018, 10:37:27 PM

Topic: Still alive! (Read 496 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Still alive!

Reply #15
I knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
‘I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out’” Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Reply #16
I knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
If you are looking at Fuji's XMF workflow, they make a Fuji-badged Screen platesetter as well - Fuji T9300 or T9500 is the latest 8 up version.
imac & Mac Pros on OSX 10.8.5/Adobe CC2014/Nexus Classic & PDF RIP v10.1.3 on 10.8.5 Mac XServe/Oris ColorTuner RIP w Epson 9900/Fuji_Luxel_T9000

Reply #17
te he!
you like the helmet, eh?
 :evil:

Damn dude, now I have coffee stains on my monitor...    :rotf:
beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living  -Bob Marley

Reply #18
We need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:
beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living  -Bob Marley

Reply #19
I totally forgot Skryber! No offense!
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #20
I totally forgot Skryber! No offense!

:strangle:   :pleasedie:

:ninja:

Reply #21
We need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:

:whip:  Does that mean someone might finally be taking my place? Have I not paid enough for my sins?
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

"Those who make you mad, control you."

Reply #22
 The only thing that worked properly on the printshop i used to work was a supra 2008 ( or '05 ) model on prinect '11 workflow  ( that's when they bought it and never upgraded ever since )

We service it a couple of times after doing some ''tests'' the management thought of ( exposing plates on very low speeds so they could be processed on our analogue ( film ) processor  :facepalm:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Supra was filled with blue ''debris'' after a couple of months and after the obligatory service ( cleaning ) never stopped - and never got serviced again - if it ain't broke we don't mess with it -

Before prinect i worked a little bit with nexus and preps 5.3 so i can't really compare it with anything else, but i think it's a very productive and user friendly workflow with lots of capabilities!