Recent

Author Topic: Still alive!  (Read 2514 times)

Offline EyeTech

• PRINT? There is NO escape...
    • eyetechgraphics.co.uk
Re: Still alive!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 03:39:51 AM »
I knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
‘I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out’” Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Offline andyfest

• Know your role and shut your hole...
  • Ninja Member
  • 100% Canucklehead
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
Quote from: EyeTech link=msg=300243 date=1525419591

I knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
If you are looking at Fuji's XMF workflow, they make a Fuji-badged Screen platesetter as well - Fuji T9300 or T9500 is the latest 8 up version.
Sweet FA right now.

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Head Ninja In Corporate America (Tha HNICA)
  • Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:15 AM »
Quote from: born2print link=msg=300232 date=1525382475

te he!
you like the helmet, eh?
:evil:

Damn dude, now I have coffee stains on my monitor...    :rotf:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 09:13:15 AM »
Quote from: DigiCorn link=msg=300221 date=1525376228

We need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Online DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
I totally forgot Skryber! No offense!
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline ninjaPB_43

• Ninja Master
  • Irie Minded
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 12:21:43 PM »
Quote from: DigiCorn link=msg=300297 date=1525705593

I totally forgot Skryber! No offense!

:strangle:   :pleasedie:

:ninja:

Online scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 link=msg=300295 date=1525698795

Quote from: DigiCorn link=msg=300221 date=1525376228

We need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:

:whip:  Does that mean someone might finally be taking my place? Have I not paid enough for my sins?
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

"If you don't do anything you can't screw anything up." Joe

Offline motormount

• lightinblack.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
 The only thing that worked properly on the printshop i used to work was a supra 2008 ( or '05 ) model on prinect '11 workflow  ( that's when they bought it and never upgraded ever since )

We service it a couple of times after doing some ''tests'' the management thought of ( exposing plates on very low speeds so they could be processed on our analogue ( film ) processor  :facepalm:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Supra was filled with blue ''debris'' after a couple of months and after the obligatory service ( cleaning ) never stopped - and never got serviced again - if it ain't broke we don't mess with it -

Before prinect i worked a little bit with nexus and preps 5.3 so i can't really compare it with anything else, but i think it's a very productive and user friendly workflow with lots of capabilities!

Offline borreskater12

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »
hi i can help you, i have the xmf 4 with licenses, medicine for 4up and 8up.