Office 365 Outlook
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

xx
Whole of job corruption upstream?
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
A way to find a pdf page size from acrobat reader?
by Tracy
December 06, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: Pitstop 2018 (Read 2399 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pitstop 2018

Reply #45
 :laugh: your nice!!

Reply #46
When you separate pages in acro using Split, It removes the X4 on some files-not all
I was wondering about the Pitstop Preflight fix for this, see screen shot, concerned about anything
that would cause a problem, mostly at the bottom where it says Set ICC profile to and Set standard ICC
not sure if using that would change color?

Reply #47
When I columbo it, it seems the X4 pdf I made actually isn't X4 compliant-weird cuz it's vector and text
and I didn't get an error out of indy

guess I'm not busy enough today none of this is urgent, just playing  :laugh:

Reply #48
guess it would help if I attached the screen shot

Reply #49
I would just uncheck the boxes for those ICC profile things.

Also I wouldn't worry if preflight says they are X4 or not. I just use the X4 settings as a guide for making PDF's but then change the compression from jpeg (lossy) to zip (lossless). There are a lot of things that will make a PDF X4 non-compliant but if the files work for you I wouldn't go out of my way to make them compliant.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #50
Yes I think that is the case, I have my X4 settings for Zip compress too.
Thanks Joe!

Reply #51
BTW...great webinar this week!
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #52
I was late getting in there what was the topic?
the last part looked confusing I got there really late tho.

Reply #53
Copied graphics and using clipboard objects. Looked useful. I just need to find a place to use it.

Reply #54
Has anyone had problems running action lists? I have this one to check for 320% ink coverage and another one to reduce total ink coverage to 320% or less using the GRACoL profile, however it's not showing any fixes in the report. I have it set to always show results. In this particular PDF, I have ink coverage around 350% but it's not showing up in Pitstop.

Reply #55
Are your images Device CMYK?
it doesn't work unless it's device CMYK for reducing the ink
checking should work

Reply #56
That must have been it. The action lists are working on other files just fine since.

Thanks Tracy!

Reply #57
Happened to me too!
just fyi the only way I found to make Device CMYK without changing the colors too much
is convert to cmyk out of indy convert to destination don't include profiles
let me know if you have a better way!