November 12, 2018, 05:11:05 PM

angry
mac rage
by wonderings
November 12, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

Topic: Turn Comments to Art? (Read 1353 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Turn Comments to Art?

Reply #15
Well I've never tried flattening a PDF with comments...what does it do to them? Sure I could add some comments and flatten one to find out myself but I'm tired (and lazy).

This is why I wanted to see a sample of the file - the comments I add in Acrobat 10.1.16 are either little yellow sticky notes, or little blue things depending on how you add them - alternatively, I can use Content tool to add a text box but that prints without flattening. 

screen grabs attached.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #16
I guess my question is what does it do to the comments text when it gets flattened? Delete the comments or something else?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #17
These are all technically annotations. It depends on the type of annotation.

Reply #18
Okay, call me crazy, but I took an 8.25 x 5.25 pdf, opened it in Acrobat and turned on display mode, took a screenshot on a 5K monitor and managed to get about 600 dpi at printing size.

Good enough to get some jobs out, especially for digital.

Just saying.

Reply #19
Okay, call me crazy, but I took an 8.25 x 5.25 pdf, opened it in Acrobat and turned on display mode, took a screenshot on a 5K monitor and managed to get about 600 dpi at printing size.

Good enough to get some jobs out, especially for digital.

Just saying.

You are crazy! :sarcasm:

You are welcome. :rotf:
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #20
Would I be here if i was not crazy?

Not likely.

Just thinking, if you get a very large 7K monitor you might get her up to 1200 dpi.

Reply #21
Wait, did I just read that right? Printing from a screenshot?

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Reply #22
Good enough for a greasy trailer park boy, good enough for me.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Reply #23
Do you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.
View comments can be turned off, so that's what gets us when the rare event that someone uses them happens.

Just curious, why would you turn that function off?

Reply #24
Good enough for a greasy trailer park boy, good enough for me.

That's nothing, there's lots of greasy things you consider good enough for you.   :rotf:

:ninja:  :hello:

Reply #25
The more I look at the title of this thread, the more I think about the Police/Sting and "Murder by Numbers," specifically because of the line, "you can turn murder into art."
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #26
We just want to put the laughter back into manslaughter!

:death:   :lmao:

Reply #29
Do you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.
View comments can be turned off, so that's what gets us when the rare event that someone uses them happens.

Just curious, why would you turn that function off?
I think the default setting is off? If not, I do not know as I / we didn't go turning it off on all the workstations.
:shrug: