Office 365 Outlook
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

xx
Whole of job corruption upstream?
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
A way to find a pdf page size from acrobat reader?
by Tracy
December 06, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: What's wrong with this pdf? (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

What's wrong with this pdf?

Pretty sure this was created in indy, when you try to open this with illy the green box disappears.
which may have been what the label printer did, It's on them but was just curious as to the reason.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p26aqaub82024a/Test.pdf?dl=0

I can't get it to fail in my workflow

Re: What's wrong with this pdf?

Reply #1
<===== Filling in for Matt Beals while he is dealing with his medical issues.

:whip: BAD TRACY! Illustrator is not a PDF editor! Yes it was created in InDesign:

So if it won't fail in your workflow what is the problem?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #3
I didn't edit it in illustrator, it was the only way I could replicate the problem the label printer had.
They have to redo it but just wondering why the green box disappears, (It disappeared on the printed labels)
taking the label apart I found it disappears in illy.
When you edit object on the green box it is not there in illy.

They must have dropped it in illy for some reason. not sure tho.

Reply #4
WHEW! I forgive you!

How are they printing it to the label printer?
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #5
It's a DeviceN based Blend, I would think Illustrator has trouble interpreting it, so just dumps it.
If you look at it in Outline, the box is still there for the shape, but no fill or stroke.

Reply #6
Thank you! I saw the Device N

Reply #7
WHEW! I forgive you!

How are they printing it to the label printer?

We send those out, we don't print labels on rolls, I would imagine it's a flexo?

Reply #8
That's some weird shit.
Try this. I converted it to a Word doc from Acrobat, opened doc in Word and saved as a PDF. Opened that conversion in Illy and it then can be seen and edited. Have no idea why.

Reply #9
That's some weird shit.
Try this. I converted it to a Word doc from Acrobat, opened doc in Word and saved as a PDF. Opened that conversion in Illy and it then can be seen and edited. Have no idea why.

Slow down. I need to take notes for future use!

Reply #10
<===== Filling in for Matt Beals while he is dealing with his medical issues.

:whip: BAD TRACY! Illustrator is not a PDF editor! Yes it was created in InDesign:

[attach width=400]18913[/attach]

So if it won't fail in your workflow what is the problem?

Grade 4 glioblastoma, the "widow maker" brain cancer. :) Neuro oncologist says maybe three years. But an old (45th present to myself was killer cancer), stubborn, ornery, mule like me refuses to accept that.

How can I help?
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Reply #11
Wow, sorry to hear that Matt.

I heard about that condition because Gord Downey of the tragically hip from Canada had it. Unfortunately he is no longer with us.

Reply #12
Nice to hear from you Matt. Good luck in your treatment.

Reply #13
Matt, I Pray for your treatment and wisdom for the doctors

Reply #14
Matt, that is right don't accept it. You were in printing. If that hasn't already scared you to death, nothing else will!
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

"Those who make you mad, control you."