xx
UV effect for pdf
by Tracy
November 05, 2018, 10:47:27 AM

xx
Xmpie or Fusion Pro
by pspdfppdfxhd
November 02, 2018, 05:15:03 PM

Topic: Indesign Spontaneous Swatch Change (Read 535 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Indesign Spontaneous Swatch Change

Reply #15
Glad you found a solution. I was thinking that perhaps you or the customer had an ICC profile applied in Bridge that was changing the profile.
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #16
Although I found what I believe to have happened. This still requires a menu selection (no default keyboard shortcut) and a dialog which has to be ok'd. So I still don't know how this could happen without the operator knowing it.

Reply #17
Yes definitely "edit->convert to profile" will change color values. I see of no way someone can do this 'accidentally'.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #18
I don't like to call anyone a liar but your employee is a prime suspect at this point. Check out the Convert to Profile dialog box from the original document and the same one for the wrong document.

See the difference for the Source Space for both RGB and CMYK.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #19
Actually I have found that if the color settings are set to convert to color space, AND ask when opening are not checked, then this can happen without a dialog box. The first time a small dialog opens, but it has the option to "do not display again"

That being said, I have an applescript in the Indesign start up folder that checks to ensure these settings are correct, and if not to fix it. So even without the dialog box, this should not happen without going into the color settings and changing them.

Reply #20
Well the source space for each document is different. Somewhere along the way it got changed.

Reply #21
Why are the modification dates so whacked on both of your InDesign documents? Original is May 27, 2097 and the Wrong is Apr 21, 1986.

Having the date wrong on a computer can wreak havoc in a lot of strange ways.

Reply #22
Not sure why they are showing up that way. Not that way here.

Reply #23
I don't like to call anyone a liar but your employee is a prime suspect at this point. Check out the Convert to Profile dialog box from the original document and the same one for the wrong document.

[attach width=400]18990[/attach][attach width=400]18992[/attach]

Joe's Columbo'n it :laugh:

Reply #24
Oh, there is just one more thing...
October 9th is Columbo day
 8)  8)

Reply #25

[attach width=400]18990[/attach][attach width=400]18992[/attach]

Joe's Columbo'n it :laugh:

I think we need to bring that prepress operator in for questioning! :D

Reply #26
Just a couple more questions sir!  :laugh: