News:

Main Menu

XMF and macOS Mojave

Started by ksm1701, September 26, 2018, 04:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksm1701

Has anybody been bold and update their macOS to Mojave?

Heard from Fuji UK that they are currently testing XMF with Mojave and not to update just yet while they evaluate.

Think we had this warning a couple of years ago with XMF and Sierra but I went ahead anyway and updated with no issues.

Not sure whether to carpe diem it and go nuts or try to exercise a little bit of patience ;)

wonderings

I always install the latest OS as a virtual machine and install all my software there, or at least demos if I do not have an available license and see how things perform.k

Slappy

Dear god no!! I actually hadn't gotten around to the High Sierra update, so unless there's a sneaky way to get it from the App Store I don't suppose it's happening.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

I would be a little bit cautious with Mojave.

Joe

:rotf:

I would be a lot cautious with Mojave. We haven't even moved to High Sierra yet.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on September 27, 2018, 08:22:06 AM:rotf:

I would be a lot cautious with Mojave. We haven't even moved to High Sierra yet.

I updated about a month ago to High Sierra. Definitely have some glitches but it could just be me needing to do a clean install which I am hesitant to do to set everything up again. Usually by the end of the cycle they have most glitches worked out. I have done some testing with Mojave as a virtual machine and all my software works there except for Fiery XMF and they have no updates that make it compatible with Mojave, at least no updates that do not cost a couple thousand dollars for an updated version.  Seems like a real cash grab as I do not think the changes are that radicle in Mojave, it is some improvements to the OS but nothing earth shattering.

DigiCorn

Still haven't done High Sierra yet.

But I can see High Sierra out my window... the foothills start about 20 miles away in Auburn, and then they get larger, peaking about 90 miles away at the Donner Pass.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

wonderings

Really hating EFI now. I brought my MacBook pro into work today, I have all the apps on my work computer loaded on it for more testing outside of a virtual machine. I have Fiery XF 6.2.2 (runs our Epson 9900) installed on the previous OS which supports it. Mojave no longer supports it. I had tried running the installers on a fresh Mojave install as a virtual machine but constantly run into errors that abort the install. I contacted EFI support as well to see if there was an update coming to bring support but was pretty flatly and without zero care about my needs told that I would need to upgrade to V7 which is not a free version.

Well on my MacBook Pro which does not have a clean install but an update to Mojave I see the software runs fine, I just can never install it if I had to do a clean install.  :banghead:

Next machine we add that needs a RIP I will be looking for something else, this really drives me nuts. The software obviously works but they have something in the installer that stops it from installing so they can try and force my hand to spend a couple thousand for an upgrade.

ksm1701

Looks like I'll hold off updating for a while then!

Thanks for all the replies - I'd like to add though that for those holding off updating to High Sierra we had no issues with XMF compatibility here but, as ever, YMMV!

scottrsimons

Not an ideal solution, but one I have done in my shop for older apps, is to keep a computer around that will run them, and then remote into it. The only issue is, everyone needs to play nice, but it seems to work ok. Well, that and you need to have space for that older computer.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

wonderings

Quote from: scottrsimons on September 28, 2018, 05:38:13 AMNot an ideal solution, but one I have done in my shop for older apps, is to keep a computer around that will run them, and then remote into it. The only issue is, everyone needs to play nice, but it seems to work ok. Well, that and you need to have space for that older computer.

For us the XF is on a MacMini that I will not be updating ever as that runs the Epson. That was my idea if I did decide the features in Mojave were worth losing the function of running the software directly on my computer.

prepress2

Quote from: Slappy on September 26, 2018, 06:57:06 PMDear god no!! I actually hadn't gotten around to the High Sierra update, so unless there's a sneaky way to get it from the App Store I don't suppose it's happening.

You should be able to download High Sierra here.
https://support.apple.com/downloads/highsierra

Tracy

Nothing to do with XMF but I installed Mojave on Mac 5
but I noticed the installer apps for Mojave and Sierra are in the apps folder
on Mac 6 I did not put them there! check your ap folder for any Os installers
weird

Joe

When you download the installers it puts them in the Applications folder. If you install it...it then deletes the installer when it is done. If you never install it they stay there forever or until you move them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

but but, I swear I didn't download on Mac 6 did I? :laugh: