Stapling on the Fiery CWS?

Started by delooch, November 01, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

In all my years of jockeying a copy machine, i havent hit this challenge..

I have a 2000 page PDF, which is the output of 1000 sets of a 2-page VDP job. I need to print this single sided, stapled..

I cant figure out how to staple 2 sheets at a time. Im thinking its not possible, unless i deconstruct the pdf into a bunch of 2 page files... unless im missing something?

Joe

Hmmmm...interesting. Unless I am missing something too I think you are going to have to split them out into a bunch of 2 page files.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

PrepressPrison

Maybe print it in reverse order, then make a "mock' 2-page document to run those sheets back through for stapling?
Seems like this would be easier than trying to run 1,000 pdf files through CWS.

pabney

On my machines if CWS sees the file as VDP with 1000 records, then it knows to staple each record.
If CWS sees it as a 2000 page file and does not know it is VDP, I define the record length in the VDP tab of CWS, and the system now knows it is a 1000 pg VDP document and treats each record accordingly.

Tracy

Is there a Group or Collate button?
Let us know if you figure it out.

delooch

Quote from: pabney on November 02, 2018, 07:27:13 AMOn my machines if CWS sees the file as VDP with 1000 records, then it knows to staple each record.
If CWS sees it as a 2000 page file and does not know it is VDP, I define the record length in the VDP tab of CWS, and the system now knows it is a 1000 pg VDP document and treats each record accordingly.

Well pabney gets the gold star for the day, this does exactly what I needed it to... THANKS!

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Google is watching.

[attach width=400]19125[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.