Office 365 Outlook
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

xx
Whole of job corruption upstream?
by frailer
December 09, 2018, 05:10:44 AM

xx
A way to find a pdf page size from acrobat reader?
by Tracy
December 06, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

xx
Paper "scam"
by born2print
December 06, 2018, 12:23:25 PM

Topic: Numbering Pages Slows Scrolling Speed. (Read 131 times) previous topic - next topic

Numbering Pages Slows Scrolling Speed.

Hi

I'm not sure if this issue exists in other versions of Adobe Acrobat (I'm using Pro DC), but when using the "Page Labels..." function, to incorporate a more detailed and specific numbering system e.g page 1 is labelled Title, 2 to 4 is labelled A to C, the next 10 pages use Roman numerals i to x and chapters/section use the format 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 etc, followed by Glossary and Index pages which are labelled as such, I find that scrolling through the pages (I use the left and right arrows on my keyboard, so not continuous scrolling) becomes a little more laboured, with Adobe struggling with smoothness.  Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix.

NOTE:
If I simply number the pages 1, 2, 3, 4 etc the problem goes away.

Re: Numbering Pages Slows Scrolling Speed.

Reply #1
I've noticed it when customers do that with their numbering. My fix is to change to 1 through whatever as Prinergy wipes out the numbering system anyway.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #2
I've noticed it when customers do that with their numbering. My fix is to change to 1 through whatever as Prinergy wipes out the numbering system anyway.
Thanks Joe.  I was considering doing just that.  I've discovered that rather than editing my files adopting the simplified convention, I can just uncheck "Use logical page numbers" in Preferences.  Adobe will then just display simple numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on and now scrolling speed is back to being fast and responsive.

Reply #3
Thanks for that tip. Didn't realize there was a setting for that.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #4
No probs. :)