Recent

Author Topic: PitStop 2018 - Action List Visualizer  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: PitStop 2018 - Action List Visualizer
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 01:48:18 PM »
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=305872 date=1552067100

Don't think they will let me share it, I will check tho, just in case
Military schematics for Aircraft, It has destruction instructions right on it.

You're being watched!

[attach type=image]19516[/attach]
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline frailer

• Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Older, and digitally challenged
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=305784 date=1551906479

Holy Cow! Not sure why it worked but in the Design layout panel it fixed my problem!

I use DLP quite a bit. It's great.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
Been using it a lot myself lately!
The thing I use on a daily basis is getting rid of marks
and adding new marks the way I want them!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=305927 date=1552408715

The thing I use on a daily basis is getting rid of marks
and adding new marks the way I want them!

I use the Remove Printer Marks often. I do not need or want any marks on my PDF's.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 12:44:34 PM »
That's interesting! I think I would feel naked without them :laugh:

I set up all the digital pdfs the same way, so my page boxes are exactly the same
relink to all my typical templates, links up perfectly no moving anything!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 12:53:59 PM »
I do that with the page boxes...hence no need for marks.

But mostly we tell ALL customers to not put any marks on their files because their files are usually wrong so no marks are better than wrong marks. First thing I do with all customer supplied PDF's that have marks ===> Remove Printer Marks action. Then fix the page boxes.

Offline mattbeals

• Just a dude
    • Matt Beals
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
Quote from: Joe link=msg=305931 date=1552409639

I do that with the page boxes...hence no need for marks.

But mostly we tell ALL customers to not put any marks on their files because their files are usually wrong so no marks are better than wrong marks. First thing I do with all customer supplied PDF's that have marks ===> Remove Printer Marks action. Then fix the page boxes.

Or fix the page boxes, then remove anything outside the bleed box? Then you can remove art box and redefine the crop, bleed, media boxes to fit whatever standard you used based off of the trim box.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »
Quote from: mattbeals link=msg=305934 date=1552413274

Or fix the page boxes, then remove anything outside the bleed box? Then you can remove art box and redefine the crop, bleed, media boxes to fit whatever standard you used based off of the trim box.

Usually the marks are outside the trim box even if the page boxes are wrong so removing the printer marks first usually works. But there are times when there is no trim box. In those cases I do fix the page boxes first and then remove the marks that are then usually outside of the trim marks...

...but not always as some customers put marks in the live work area. Then it becomes a manual process to remove the marks.

:facepalm:

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »
Or those ones with manually created marks!
uh, thanks for helping! :laugh:

Online motormount

• lightinblack.com
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
Quote from: Joe link=msg=305936 date=1552414984

Quote from: mattbeals link=msg=305934 date=1552413274

Usually the marks are outside the trim box even if the page boxes are wrong so removing the printer marks first usually works. But there are times when there is no trim box. In those cases I do fix the page boxes first and then remove the marks that are then usually outside of the trim marks...

...but not always as some customers put marks in the live work area. Then it becomes a manual process to remove the marks.

:facepalm:

That's how i used to work also, back in the printshop.

Marks inside work area are were usually corel pdf's immutable to pitstop actions therefore...