InDesign opens on wrong monitor

Started by DigiCorn, March 05, 2019, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Lately, InDesign keeps launching on my second monitor, behind all my tools. I manually move it back over to my main screen and it'll stay for a few times, but then I come back the next day and it opens up on the second screen again. It's a minor inconvenience (read: 1st world problem), but WTF Adobe? Why can't it just open the same way every time?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

Mine always opens on the correct monitor.

Of course, I only have 1 monitor...
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on March 05, 2019, 10:44:29 AMMine always opens on the correct monitor.

Of course, I only have 1 monitor...

Same for me! ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 05, 2019, 10:19:41 AMLately, InDesign keeps launching on my second monitor, behind all my tools. I manually move it back over to my main screen and it'll stay for a few times, but then I come back the next day and it opens up on the second screen again. It's a minor inconvenience (read: 1st world problem), but WTF Adobe? Why can't it just open the same way every time?

This is from OS X Mavericks but it may still apply:

How to allocate apps to always open on a specific display

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 05, 2019, 11:47:41 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on March 05, 2019, 10:19:41 AMLately, InDesign keeps launching on my second monitor, behind all my tools. I manually move it back over to my main screen and it'll stay for a few times, but then I come back the next day and it opens up on the second screen again. It's a minor inconvenience (read: 1st world problem), but WTF Adobe? Why can't it just open the same way every time?

This is from OS X Mavericks but it may still apply:

How to allocate apps to always open on a specific display
Actually, just right clicking on the app in the dock allows you assign a display. We'll see tomorrow ifI have the same issue.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Just tested it. Shut down ID, and relaunched. It immediately went to the wrong display, despite being assigned otherwise.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

scottrsimons

Sounds like your preferences are hosed.

On Mac to delete: quit ID, relaunch, and then immediately hold down : command + control + option + shift

On Windows to delete: quit ID, relaunch, and then immediately hold down : ctrl + alt + shift
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

EyeTech

How about you check your System Preferences > Displays - the monitors are numbered, could be you assigned your second monitor as 1
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page