March 19, 2019, 10:07:15 AM

xx

xx
PitStop 2018 - Action List Visualizer
by motormount
March 14, 2019, 01:33:26 PM

Topic: Corel back on the Mac (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic

Corel back on the Mac

Corel has brought back its suite to the Mac after 20 years. I do like that they have options, you can buy outright or pay subscription. They got right at least. I will try out the demo but cannot see myself changing over here, they would have to do some pretty spectacular things and I doubt they have. Always found the way Corel programs worked was too different from Adobe and made going back and forth between the apps difficult and confusing.

https://www.coreldraw.com/en/?link=wm

Re: Corel back on the Mac

Reply #1
Almost seems like too little too late. Maybe they are banking on the pushback from the subscription model to drive Mac sales. I started out on Corel, then ownership changed and I switched to Illustrator without much trouble. For people who work a lot in vector, the switch may not be too bad.
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
2009 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6

Reply #2
Can't wait until I get a 1" x 1" vector logo that comes in around 4 GB and won't process through Prinergy.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #3
When I have some time I will toy with the demo, but that is probably where I will leave it. I already have Adobe CC as well as the Affinity applications. If Corel brought their price down to match Affinity or even close I could see buying just to have another tool if needed.

Reply #4
Can't wait until I get a 1" x 1" vector logo that comes in around 4 GB and won't process through Prinergy.

If its a Corel file we would bounce it and ask for a PDF or .ai file.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Reply #5
I see it comes with fonts still - I wonder if it will be the same ol' Bitstream fonts from 1990? I really been needing to use Zurich more...