Beauty job descriptions looking for workers

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, March 28, 2019, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Lets see if we can make sense out of some of those job descriptions posted these days. Here is a beauty!

Principal Duties and Responsibilities :

Maintain the production of the labeling creation & production process of all private label items.
Co-ordinate the traffic of all art files with head office for all SKUs.
Set-up and maintain files on each new label product and customers.
Develop and maintain customer original files and vendor specific files with and for NY.
Execute and track daily progress of the file between each department at Taro as well as the progress to and from the customer and manufacturing site. (Especially with outsourced products).
Expedite the flow from various departments in a timely manner to ensure against unnecessary delays.
To build mechanical artwork for Canadian Rx and OTC, where required.
Ensure that all art copy changes to all product lines are executed.
Report to clients and Head office any problems with files to minimize delays.
Ensure that all work is prioritized on a daily basis so files are received and our deadlines are met.
Coordinate with the Packaging Technologist and Production Art Supervisor the dielines, templates artwork and Master Text needed for all SKUs.
Maintain and route paperwork relative to the production of SKUs for Supply Chain
Approve vendor supplied proofs.
Maintain client and Sales Contact regarding status of their SKU in progress.
Review both Canadian and US TARO label and private label art for technical production printability and resolve issues as required.
Participate in weekly meetings
Maintain schedules and priorities based on project timelines.
Co-ordinate the efforts of all departments and maintain control of all SKUs.
Organize and sort all paper work etc. prior to closing job.
Maintain proper files to ensure continuity and consistency.
Update file status spread sheets.
Inform all department head of upcoming jobs requiring special attention with regards to procedure and complexities.
May be assigned specific projects related to art process development.
Support NOE and NCI investigations with expert advise as required by investigation owners.
Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA's)
Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

College/ University education – Creative Design, Graphic Design, or Print Production
5-7 years similar experience in an Ad Agency, Graphic Arts Studio or prepress production
Print experience with high level of understanding of offset, flexo and digital print strengths and limitations
Strong organizational skills.
Strong understanding of prepress proofing methods, procedures and press limitations.
Good problem solving skills.
Good computer spreadsheet skills.( Excel, Word, MS Project )
Excellent understanding of Macintosh operating system, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat, QuarkXPress, and related utility software.
Good communication skills.
Art/Press Production knowledge and experience.
Invoicing, billing experience and estimating.
Sales support experience.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Effective interpersonal skills to develop business relationships to ensure time lines are met.
Ability to develop project time lines.
In conjunction with Packaging Engineer, Marketing, TARO Art Department and the vendors, work on creating time lines for new products and revisions.
Initiate revision to time lines where required to resolve any potential delays or risks to project completion.
Be aware of changing production technologies and their roles within the workflow.
Automate processes where possible.

pspdfppdfxhd

What can I say? guaranteed nervous breakdown within a year I suppose.

mc hristel

Wow, I only got part way through that description and I saw around 7 different positions being described. There's prepress, project manager, a CSR, a planner, inventory manager, purchasing agent, and a legal/regulation expert.

Hopefully they have budgeted enough to hire at least 4 people for that position.  :shoots_self:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 28, 2019, 03:45:47 PMPrincipal Duties and Responsibilities :
Report to clients and Head office any problems with files to minimize delays.

Thats a full time job right there!!
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

David

"Good communication skills..."

communicate with who? nobody listens to prepress, we're always wrong.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

They forgot the most important one – somebody to blame everything on.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Just_A_Mac_Guy

Some one I know passed on a posted position like this to me except it listed 10-12 software apps that I never heard of and failed to google 3-4. AND wanted 1-2 years experience...

The job requirements translate to  "be responsible for everything and get paid next to notheing, you ungrateful peon...You should be thankful we choose to hire your ass..."

DigiCorn

I just got offered to apply for the position to run the county print shop for Placer County. Longer hours, much longer commute, more pay, benefits up the wazoo. Should I do it, or keep my flexible schedule, low stress workload and 5 minute commute?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Find an ex employee to talk to if you can. You may be walking into a hellish situation. And how long did the last guy stay there? That might give you an idea.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Possum on March 29, 2019, 12:13:01 PMFind an ex employee to talk to if you can. You may be walking into a hellish situation. And how long did the last guy stay there? That might give you an idea.
Looks like the person in charge of hiring was the person in the position and was promoted. She was there a few years.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

That's a good sign. Maybe it is actually as good as it looks. But only you know your situation thoroughly enough to decide.

scottrsimons

I would also be wondering why the person that offered you up, did. I've got a long commute, there are good and bad with it. But I've been doing it most of my career, so I actually enjoy it most of the time.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Slappy

Quote from: scottrsimons on April 01, 2019, 05:38:06 AMI've got a long commute, there are good and bad with it. But I've been doing it most of my career, so I actually enjoy it most of the time.
10 mins for me, 12 if I'm unlucky enough to catch a red light or 2. Don't think I could handle a 30-45+ min drive both ways honestly.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.