Author Topic: Not dead ...yet  (Read 247 times)

Offline EyeTech

• PRINT? There is NO escape...
    • eyetechgraphics.co.uk
Not dead ...yet
« on: April 05, 2019, 05:46:21 AM »
Hi guys! Yes, still not dead, still in print. :gom:

Got my walking papers in Nov (company needed my salary back in their cashflow to keep going) but landed a new job as ***roll of drums*** repro support...I must've been bad in a former life.

Anyways, looking for advice in dealing with that old favourite 4 col Blacks... company doesn't have Pitstop but runs Kodak Workshop/Prinergy Version: 8.0.0.666 - is there a smarter way to convert 4 colour text other than using Acrobat Pro Convert Cols? This works fine for non PDFx files but is a bit inconsistent to say the least.

Hope you all still enjoying the wonderful wacky world of pre-press hell (ninth circle, you know the one with CSRs wielding pitchforks and being constantly stabbed in the ass)

Ciao and TIA from the UK

‘I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out’” Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Not dead ...yet
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 09:07:04 AM »
Yes a much easier way. Have them buy Pitstop. One of the few products on the planet that really does pay for itself. Not only that but once it pays for itself it then starts making money for the company. A print shop without Pitstop is like a day without sunshine.

Welcome back...
Mac OS 10.14.3 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline EyeTech

• eyetechgraphics.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »
Thanks for the advice... (I can see arm twisting in my future) and thanks for the welcome back...I feel as tho' I've never been away.
‘I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out’” Bill Hicks

Offline Possum

• Ninja Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »
That's because you can't really escape.  :rotf:

Seriously, welcome back. Don't be a stranger.
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
2009 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6

Offline EyeTech

• eyetechgraphics.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 10:29:23 AM »
Thanks! The pace here alternates between 'blowing out of one's ass' (lovely old English euphemism for working very hard indeed) and tumbleweed junction ...as I'm currently experiencing.

Still mustn't grumble, could be worse ... I could be sitting on a beach sipping ice cool champagne watching the waves caressing nubile, tanned thighs of the opposite gender.

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:48:49 AM »
Hi Eye Tech!!!

Offline AaronH

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 02:41:36 PM »
Hey EyeTech!

Have you tried the preflight fix-up in Acrobat Pro? Its in the newest DC version (Not sure about past versions of Acrobat Pro). I don't know if you could edit it to grab things that aren't text or not, but it could be useful to poke around with.

I should also mention its under the Color Spaces, Spot Colors, Inks section of the Fix-Ups tab.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris