Recent

Author Topic: Indesign Beach Ball effect  (Read 1706 times)

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
Re: Indesign Beach Ball effect
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 03:21:57 PM »
for some reason that doesn't bother me as much as Finder beachballing all the time.
but yeah, 2-3 sec. delay, for sure
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=301939 date=1534265274
I get back to my dept and I'm all bleep you and bleep this bleep :laugh:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2019, 03:38:06 PM »
Yeah it isn't the worst thing that could happen but it gets annoying. Maybe I should install the beta of Catalina!

:facepalm:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 03:48:13 PM »
Sure, you wont be able to run as many apps, awesome!
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=301939 date=1534265274
I get back to my dept and I'm all bleep you and bleep this bleep :laugh:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »
Win win!
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline wonderings

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »
Ok, initial test. Opened up large InDesign file, some 200 pages with a lot of art. It beach balled when switching pages and editing text. Then when I turned off my ethernet connection and wifi. The beach balling stopped. InDesign ran like it used to. Turned ethernet back on, with the file open, and still no beach balling. Closed the file, re-opened it, and it still is performing like it SHOULD. We shall see how long it lasts.

When I have long freezing times the usual remedy is turn the wifi off then it snaps to. Files are local on my computer, no network drive. Seems to me it has something to do with CC checking in with Adobe servers and causing issues sometimes when it does.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
Maybe that is why I've never seen this issue. Never have wifi turned on.

Offline scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »
I've been messing with turning ethernet and wifi off. Once both are off, INDD works like it should. It seems to be calling back to the mothership WAY too much.  :banghead:
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Online david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
maybe it's lonely...

you should rub it and talk to it nicely maybe...
ask it how it's day went, does it need anything?
Tell it it looks nice today...

:lmao:

Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2019, 01:58:38 PM »
I've been messing with turning ethernet and wifi off. Once both are off, INDD works like it should. It seems to be calling back to the mothership WAY too much.  :banghead:
Time to get rid of dial-up?
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2019, 02:34:47 PM »
I was on an Adobe forum and someone said this about disconnection your computer from the network and it helped.

Many times networks are not updated so as to maintain compatibility with Firewall and virus protection which can hinder the correct operation of newer graphics software.

Anyone have any ideas what they might mean by that? First I've heard of someone blaming the network for software that runs locally that is running slow.
Mac • Prinergy 8 • Preps 8 • RBA • Fusion Pro

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
I was on an Adobe forum and someone said this about disconnection your computer from the network and it helped.

Many times networks are not updated so as to maintain compatibility with Firewall and virus protection which can hinder the correct operation of newer graphics software.

Anyone have any ideas what they might mean by that? First I've heard of someone blaming the network for software that runs locally that is running slow.

It means they are full of shit. It is pure and simple Adobe is making sure everyone is up to date and paying on time.

Offline mc hristel

• Huh? What?
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »

Sounds to me what they are trying to say is; the more layers of security you have between your computer and the internet, the slower it is for "newer graphics software" to dial out and call home, or surf the web, or whatever it is that the software does when you aren't looking. I agree with Joe though, it's really just Adobe checking up on people using their software.