New Mac Pro with PCI slots

Started by Possum, June 03, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

Quote from: StudioMonkey on June 05, 2019, 03:42:11 AM
I actually really liked the trashcan design.  Innovative self cooling shape and looks like something the Borg might have used with its cover off.

One good thing about the new Mac Pro - the old Mac Pro will drop in price considerably.  Current top spec refurbished model £1,749. 
:popcorn:

I don't mind it, I would just prefer having everything internal and being able to get at the GPU, CPU, RAM and hard drives with ease. I do not like the idea of externals for everything, prefer a cleaner computer.

I did contemplate that Mac Pro before opting for the 5K iMac. Performance was similar with my maxed 5k iMac to the Mac Pro and price was similar, the big thing was I got a 5K screen with the iMac, if I wanted an equivalent screen to go with a Mac Pro I needed to drop another couple thousand. That pushed me over to the iMac. I still think the price is high even for refurbished.

Joe

Here is what $999.00 will buy you at Apple. But I guess a $4,999.00 monitor deserves it.

:facepalm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

apparently aluminum is very expensive now-a-days.

I might get 2 of those and just sit them on the desk for art. 

:rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Apple branded bookends. Very chi-chi.  :lmao:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Realistically I would give them $9.99 for it. They just have the decimal point in the wrong place. Probably just a typo.

delooch

Quote from: Joe on June 05, 2019, 08:41:14 AM
Here is what $999.00 will buy you at Apple. But I guess a $4,999.00 monitor deserves it.

how the F do you justify a $999 monitor stand?  i guess if you are getting one of these workstations, its probably not your money anyway

Joe

Quote from: delooch on June 05, 2019, 09:14:27 AM
Quote from: Joe on June 05, 2019, 08:41:14 AM

how the F do you justify a $999 monitor stand?  i guess if you are getting one of these workstations, its probably not your money anyway

Or you have more of it (money) than you need.

delooch

solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L85LZ6G?aaxitk=nBTIbAMklKo4qe6Y0FSuiA

or is this not mac compatible  ::)

I read an article saying if you can afford the $4999 monitor you shouldnt balk at a $1000 monitor stand..

Shouldnt that come with the damn thing in the first place?

I guess im retarded, because i just dont get it.

born2print

Everyone that buys the Apple stand does us a disservice.
Same goes for the wireless earbuds that are available from 3rd party vendors at pennies-on-the-dollar.
Remember when you could go to Rosarito (South of Tijuana) and get cheap lobster dinners? Well it's not cheap any more since dumbasses quit haggling. The market only bears what we let it. Consumers collectively get what we deserve.
Can't fix stupid... and it's contagious too.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: delooch on June 05, 2019, 01:27:39 PM
solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L85LZ6G?aaxitk=nBTIbAMklKo4qe6Y0FSuiA

or is this not mac compatible  ::)

I read an article saying if you can afford the $4999 monitor you shouldnt balk at a $1000 monitor stand..

Shouldnt that come with the damn thing in the first place?

I guess im retarded, because i just dont get it.

No real Apple fanboy woulds be caught dead with a $32 monitor stand. Plus it is not ALUMINUM!

I did like the guy on twitter that photoshopped the monitor duct taped to his wall.

delooch

i dont know. i guess im one of those die-hard anti-apple people. why im not sure anymore.  I think i was just to troll apple fanboys, they get really excited.

I about died when i forked over $$$ for an iphoneX for my daughter, but she saved up $450 and paid for half.

This summer i need to buy her a laptop for school, the fucking dell i7 i already have isnt good enough, she wants a macbook. Like im going to fork over $1300 for one of those.

she better get a job soon.

Possum

The Dell prolly does more than the so-thin-it-burns-itself-up MacBook. Tell her the MacBooks have lousy keyboards and nobody likes them. Which isn't far from the mark from the posts I've read about them. I think they're on their third round of improvements and they're not much better.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

delooch

yeah i think its a status thing with her friends. teenage girls are horrible to each other. out of her group, theres like 2-3 "normal" kids, the rest come from well-to-do families.. the school is in the rich part of town.

android and windows is soooo lame.

born2print

Teach her how the world really is, get her a Chromebook.
Loaded with all the Blocksy shit.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

How about an old 35 pound Toshiba laptop running Windows 98. Show her how bad we had it back in the day. Walking uphill both directions lugging that heavy-ass laptop back and forth. :rotf:

:gom: