Recent

Author Topic: Reconfiguring XMF for another platesetter system  (Read 255 times)

Offline J32

Reconfiguring XMF for another platesetter system
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:41:01 AM »
Hey there,

I need a little help.

I just bought a used XMF 6.2 installed on Windows server 2012 R2. It's configured to work with a thermal platesetter but I have violet. I have little experience with XMF yet, but I am generally aware of these matters.
Can anyone suggest how to reconfigure (reinstall) XMF to Luxel V6? I guess I should run the installer and choose the option to install new modules, e.g. Luxel V6 platesetter?
But what else and what then? Were configure it?

The XMF has everything except CIP (unfortunately). I can choose the demo version. Does anyone know what restrictions it has?
There is Co-Res, but probably Fuji sells the license for thermal and violet separately, which is strange. That's why I probably will not be able to use it at all until pay again. I would like to be wrong.  ;)

Is it worth upgrading to version 6.7 after this configuration? I read that it is slower, but what brings a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Edit
Is it true, that I need a Dashboard to control the Luxel V6? Will it work on Windows Server 2012 R2?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:55:47 AM by J32 »

Offline AaronH

Re: Reconfiguring XMF for another platesetter system
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know directly how to do that with the Luxel, as we have a Luxel T9000CTP already setup in it.  I started at my shop about a year or less after they switched to XMF from Rampage.

Did you get a copy of the XMF user manual? It might have instructions on getting a new platesetter installed/setup.

The Co-Res screening is just a screen type. Its a sort of hybrid between elliptical and square and changes between the two depending on dot size. its pretty nice and does a great job on photos to minimize moire patterns. Other than that, you should be able to setup the plate setter to have a positive or negative image depending on the plate type/burning method you're using to make plates.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 03:30:26 PM »
In our version (6.8.x) there's a Configuration Tool on the Server, it's a standalone app and that's where all of the output devices are spec'd. I only see 3 Luxel Platesetters, so I assume the Fuji tech/installer configured one forour particualr platesetter. How that would be done for a violet unit - I have NO clue!

Sorry, you may have to get an independent tech involved who knows the Fuji setup, or pay them directly for a one-time configuration.
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline J32

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »
Thank you for posts (also private).

For now, I've learned from Fuji, that can control Luxel V6 SAL from Windows Server 2012 R2, if it's properly recognized FireWire.
Don't need a second computer with Slave PC on older system.
Also, I don't have to buy modules, unless Co-Res for violet.

If so, then "only" I need to do the installation with the configuration. Unfortunately, I don't have such knowledge or instruction.

I will try to inform you as the situation develops.