News:

Main Menu

Acraobat 2019 slow

Started by G_Town, June 24, 2019, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Almost unusable on larger files. Takes FOREVER to load the file. Anyone else having this?

Possum

No joy on the question, but just had to say Hi Stranger, welcome back.
:hello:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

I haven't had any problems with the latest version of Acrobat DC other than Mac OS Mojave takes about 2 - 3 seconds before it even attempts to open the file. But once they are loaded most of the time they are OK. But there are some that are loaded with thousands of paths with really complex vectors that it will bring it to its knees. But it doesn't happen with all large files. I had one last week that I thought had locked up Acrobat while just selecting all. It did finally select what I wanted using the Pitstop Object Browser after about 20 minutes. Then it took another 30 minutes for Pitstop to convert the vector background to a raster image. That was because of that particular PDF had a really complex vector background though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

When I open pdfs with a lot of pages, even black and white type ones, quite often I get the spinning beach ball and I have to force quit Acrobat. Then after restarting, it works ok for awhile. I am talking about 1000 plus pages or more.

I had put it down to the dark cloud that hovers over my head regarding Acrobat but maybe there's something going on.

David

mine takes forever to just start...

and yes, if I have a large file (over 100 mb), it takes forrrrrrreeeeeevvvvveeeeerrrr.

:hangme:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: Possum on June 24, 2019, 12:14:16 PM
No joy on the question, but just had to say Hi Stranger, welcome back.
:hello:

I never left, just don't have the free time like I used to have. Anymore I think I'm in a Survivor episode. :shoots_self: