Recent

Author Topic: Acraobat 2019 slow  (Read 290 times)

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
Acraobat 2019 slow
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:42:48 PM »
Almost unusable on larger files. Takes FOREVER to load the file. Anyone else having this?

Offline Possum

• Ninja Member
Re: Acraobat 2019 slow
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »
No joy on the question, but just had to say Hi Stranger, welcome back.
 :hello:
No Facebook, no iAnything. What am I missing?
2009 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
I haven't had any problems with the latest version of Acrobat DC other than Mac OS Mojave takes about 2 - 3 seconds before it even attempts to open the file. But once they are loaded most of the time they are OK. But there are some that are loaded with thousands of paths with really complex vectors that it will bring it to its knees. But it doesn't happen with all large files. I had one last week that I thought had locked up Acrobat while just selecting all. It did finally select what I wanted using the Pitstop Object Browser after about 20 minutes. Then it took another 30 minutes for Pitstop to convert the vector background to a raster image. That was because of that particular PDF had a really complex vector background though.
Mac OS 10.14.3 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline pspdfppdfxhd

• Ninja Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 02:37:48 PM »
When I open pdfs with a lot of pages, even black and white type ones, quite often I get the spinning beach ball and I have to force quit Acrobat. Then after restarting, it works ok for awhile. I am talking about 1000 plus pages or more.

I had put it down to the dark cloud that hovers over my head regarding Acrobat but maybe there's something going on.

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 03:14:34 PM »
mine takes forever to just start...

and yes, if I have a large file (over 100 mb), it takes forrrrrrreeeeeevvvvveeeeerrrr.

:hangme:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

Offline G_Town

• Ninja Master
  • Aways open.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 01:00:22 PM »
No joy on the question, but just had to say Hi Stranger, welcome back.
 :hello:

I never left, just don't have the free time like I used to have. Anymore I think I'm in a Survivor episode. :shoots_self: