Recent

Author Topic: Affinity Publisher Info  (Read 565 times)

Offline Syphon

Re: Affinity Publisher Info
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
Running Apogee 9 here. Both files render and trap without any warnings. And both render the same way. Page 2 is k only on both files.

XMF also gave no issues at all.

Glad to hear that!  ;D
iMac • Mac OSX 10.11.6 • Creative Cloud 2017
Prinergy • Preps 7.5 • Trendsetter 800

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
New file won't go through Prinergy.

1) If the older Advanced Preflight is used it doesn't make it through the Normalizer.

2) if the newer Preflight + is used it makes it to the trapper where it fails with an 'Access Denied' error.

3) if I turn off trapping it processes through just fine.

Syphon....would you mind if I send the file to Kodak to see if they can find out what is causing it? I assume it is because of a font as we get that a lot in Prinergy these days plus if I outline all fonts it processes through everything including trapping just fine.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline Syphon

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »

1) If the older Advanced Preflight is used it doesn't make it through the Normalizer.

2) if the newer Preflight + is used it makes it to the trapper where it fails with an 'Access Denied' error.

Syphon....would you mind if I send the file to Kodak to see if they can find out what is causing it? I assume it is because of a font as we get that a lot in Prinergy these days plus if I outline all fonts it processes through everything including trapping just fine.

Sure can!
Really appreciate it.
iMac • Mac OSX 10.11.6 • Creative Cloud 2017
Prinergy • Preps 7.5 • Trendsetter 800

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »
If I take the latest file and place it into InDesign and export a new PDF/X4 pdf it goes through Prinergy including trapping without any issues.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »

Sure can!
Really appreciate it.

Thanks...it is in Kodak's hands now. ;D

Offline EmptyWords

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »
Good to see someone else chime in with Agfa & Fuji workflows and that they are running fine.

As far as my issue w/ the page 2 B&W mapping to 4/c, it was our workflow that did it and not an issue w/ the pdf file itself. I found that when Artworks configured the system, they had an option to convert selected buried deep in the canvas, never even caught that in the 13+ years we have been running Odystar, go figure...
Esko/Artwork Odystar 4.1.1   Nexus 10.1   Neo 10.1.4
ArtPro/PowerStepper/PowerLayout 16.1.1   Kodak Preps 8.3
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S    Oris ColorTuner 3/Epson 7900   Old Sherpa 24M
Presstek   Agfa Avalon   Xerox iGens & Versant 180s

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 04:29:57 PM »
According to Kodak support (Thanks Marion):

The issue appears to be with the font encoding causing the bitstream library to crash on the trap or advanced preflight step.

In Prinergy 8.3 the file refines with trap or advanced preflight with no issues – this is because we have made adjustments to the trap process, eliminating the Bitstream Library usage.

We actually see this issue with a lot of PDF files from all different apps so it looks like we will be pursuing the Prinergy 8.3 upgrade very soon.

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
Also ran it through Fuji XMF for kicks - sailed through like a charm!  :banana:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.