Recent

Author Topic: Mac not refreshing finder windows on SMB Share  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Mac not refreshing finder windows on SMB Share
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
Prinergy here also and we work directly from the Prinergy job folders which are on the network. We do use the 'Document Fonts' folder as described in the above post. Inside the Prinergy job folder there is a folder named UserDefinedFolder that Prinergy creates in every new job. We put the Indesign file in that folder and also the 'Links' folder in there and the Document Fonts folder in there. Works great. But if it is Quark or anything else we always load the fonts locally on the Mac.

I can tell if you ever contact Adobe or Quark tech support for any problem and you tell them you are working from the server they will automatically blame it on that.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
"I can tell if you ever contact Adobe or Quark tech support for any problem and you tell them you are working from the server they will automatically blame it on that."

Yep. CYA.
Quote from: Tracy link=msg=301939 date=1534265274
I get back to my dept and I'm all bleep you and bleep this bleep :laugh:

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2019, 04:08:59 PM »
In fact, to that point, we upgraded to Prinergy 8.2.1 and upped our OS to 10.14.5.
Kodak says 10.13 supported.
Everything was fine except "search" function did not work, and as you know that seemingly minor function is damn handy all day every day in many ways.
First service call they had us muck with the Hosts files on the macs - nope.
Second call they had us take a mac down to 10.13 stating we didn't follow published OS restriction - nope.
Third call i got the right tech and it was simply credentials on a server was still old (we redid our virtualized Tertiary around the same time and our IT thought they had fixed all that but missed one)
So it does give them an out from having to solve a tricky issue sometimes.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
Just don't upgrade your Macs to Catalina when it is released next month. Prinergy Workshop will run but VPS and Preps will not and Kodak has no timeline for when they will work. Also Prinergy 8.3 is compatible with OS X 10.14.x. I am planning to do that install soon due to an improvement made by Kodak for fonts that cause trapping failures.

August 13, 2019
KODAK PRINERGY products’ status with macOS Catalina (10.15)

macOS Catalina (10.15) will be released as a free update between September and November of 2019. Only 64-bit applications can be run as support for 32-bit applications has been dropped and applications developed under older native Mac OS X API’s such as Carbon are no longer supported.

At the release of macOS Catalina (10.15), the following applications will be supported running under 10.15:

KODAK COLORFLOW Client 8.4.0

The following applications will not be immediately supported under 10.15, and require product updates to be compatible with 10.15:

KODAK PRINERGY Workflow – Note that Workshop can be installed and run on macOS Catalina, however Virtual Proofing System (VPS), Preps, and Setup applications are not compatible with 10.15 at this time. VPS and Preps are vital components of the Prinergy workflow, and as such, this limitation means that Prinergy Workshop is not supported on 10.15.
    KODAK PREPS – Preps has not been updated to 64-bit as of the writing of this article. This means it is not compatible with macOS Catalina (10.15).
    KODAK PRINERGY EVO Workflow – The Prinergy Evo client is a native 32-bit application written in Carbon. It is not compatible with the 64-bit requirement in 10.15.
    KODAK PANDORA 8.4 – Pandora has been updated to 64-bit but an issue is under investigation relating to Java on this OS as of the writing of this article.
    KODAK PROOFING SOFTWARE for MATCHPRINT INKJET – KPS for MPI has not been updated to 64-bit as of the writing of this article. This means it is not compatible with macOS Catalina (10.15).

As products are updated to align with requirements for running under macOS Catalina (10.15), this information and the individual product release notes will be updated.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »
8.3 scares me though, have to upgrade the servers OS and Kodak tech must be onsite...
How many years has it been since they actually sent techs onsite?! What are they afraid of?!?!
#frightened

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
I am already running Windows 2012 R2 server which it is supposed to work with though they do recommend Windows 2016 Server. I recommend myself to be a millionaire and that ain't happening so I am going to risk it with 2012 Server.

Yes they require an onsite tech to do OS upgrades and truthfully I would not want to try to do that myself. I mean I know I can install windows but getting Prinergy installed and working after that is the scary part.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
I htink we're gonna wait as long as possible, then do the full monty with 2016 server
I wish you luck though! :thumbsup:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2019, 05:15:23 PM »
I really, really, really need the font/trapping fix though.

:gom: