Recent

Author Topic: Automating Scans in Acrobat  (Read 118 times)

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
  • Are you not entertained?
Automating Scans in Acrobat
« on: August 12, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »

lets say i have a stack of invoices that i want to grab the invoice number from and save that scan using the info as a filename?

could create an action or task in Acrobat that would OCR a particular section of a scanned document and save the document with the filename of the OCR'd info?

am i making sense?
"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."

Online Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Automating Scans in Acrobat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »
You would probably have to use javascript inside acrobat to give you that kind of functionality as I don't think the built in Action editor in Acrobat will allow to to something that specific. Do you have Pitstop? Not sure if it could do it either and to do automation you would probably need Pitstop server anyway.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
  • Are you not entertained?
Re: Automating Scans in Acrobat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 04:05:15 PM »
have pitstop, but i dont think its going to happen like i want.

someone in my IT dept is playing with it, but hes going to form field route, not sure how hes attacking that.
"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."