Suitcase 9 for Windows

Started by DigiCorn, September 12, 2019, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Is it always so damned slow, or did the nitwit who set it up over here just screw that up too? Takes about 2 minutes to activate a font. No. Seriously.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

How many fonts are loaded into the system already. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe they have every font known to man loaded, so they wouldn't need to do it again.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DigiCorn

It's 1600 and change. I'm running everything through font doctor, dumping everything, and then re-adding as needed.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Just ran through Font Doctor and everything came back clean. Is there a way to better organize fonts and remove duplicates?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

On a windows box...  prolly not
other than going through the font folder and deleting...

good luck with that the way the fonts are named.

thankfully I don't have to deal with fonts and a windows os anymore

:banana:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

scottrsimons

DC,

You should be able to reset all the fonts on a PC, by going to the Control Panel-Fonts-Fonts Settings and then "Restore default font settings". And that should take care of it.

I have added a could of screenshots, so you wouldn't have to go to the link, from a website along with a link to a site that talks about it a bit.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/restore-default-fonts-windows/

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 12, 2019, 10:54:44 AM
It's 1600 and change. I'm running everything through font doctor, dumping everything, and then re-adding as needed.

Holy crap, I only see 190 on my pc.

scottrsimons

Just checked our sole prepress PC, and it has 265.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

jwheeler

I haven't used Suitcase in a while, but I know there was a way to show/manage duplicates... Just did a quick google search and it says its in the "Quick Searches" menu on the side toolbar. Select the fonts you want to remove and press the "Delete" key or go to Edit>Delete

Chances are, there are about 20 versions each of Helvetica, Garamond, Futura, etc.