Recent

Author Topic: PDF of full press sheet from XMF  (Read 595 times)

Offline Lynne

PDF of full press sheet from XMF
« on: October 24, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »
Apologies if I overlooked through searching..... new XMF user from Rampage.

We occasionally need to export a PDF of our entire press sheet, including side-guides, registration marks, color bars, etc. We could do this easily in Rampage, but cannot figure out if XMF will allow this.

Thank you to anyone who can advise of a method.

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
Re: PDF of full press sheet from XMF
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 05:54:42 PM »
Drag your pdf icon to your plate icon select your settings 300 I think 150 is the default
you need to know where the pdf ends up on mine it goes to the XMF Resources / Outputs/ pdf export
I have a shortcut to that folder on my desktop

One thing it seems to make the files a lot larger, doing a save as will take the file size down drastically
I can post a screen shot in the morning if needed, Time to go home for me!

fyi: you will have to right click/release on the pdf icon and you can right click and select 300 also

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 09:23:38 PM »
Hmmmm, we have an Impo PDF for everrrrrry large press job through XMF but I'm home & for the life of me can't remember how we set it up! I'll check it out in the am too, I don't think there was much to the settings.

Our impo PDFs don't seem to be too huge, but our largest sheet size currently is 20x28 so there's that.
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
Here is the screen shot

Offline Lynne

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
NEED SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT IF POSSIBLE:

Thanks for the reply and yes, we figured out how to do a pdf from the imposition; however, we would like it to include all of the pressmarks, color bar, etc. and doing a pdf based on the above screen shot doesn't give us that (unless I'm missing something somewhere)

Please let me know if you know a way to accomplish this -- we used it all the time in Rampage and many of our outside vendors for our finishing want to see a pdf of the entire press sheet.

Offline Lynne

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 11:01:53 AM »
GOT IT!!

Failed to change the clipping to Plate instead of clipping mask

Thanks so much!

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »
One thing it seems to make the files a lot larger, doing a save as will take the file size down drastically
I can post a screen shot in the morning if needed, Time to go home for me!
Yeah, I tried to use the Pitstop Action "Minimize File Size 3.0" but it removes most of the press sheet marks for some reason. Just did one for an outside bindery & did the "Resample for Web" instead. I think I tried to add those Actions directly to XMF at one point, but it never worked right.
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »
weird, I had troubles with crops in pdfs when I first started in XMF, no troubles anymore.
I just do a save as in acro and the file reduces a whole lot, not sure why XMF is making the pdf larger
I mean a lot larger!! especially when I do a variable cut and stack.
I like XMF for the most part tho!

Your welcome Lynne! and Welcome to the Forum!!