Recent

Author Topic: Scale oversize pages inside an 8000+pg file  (Read 757 times)

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
Scale oversize pages inside an 8000+pg file
« on: December 18, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »
Got a steaming pile that's about 8200 pages, within that PDF there many pages that are say 36x24" so they'd need to be rotated AND scaled to 8.5x11" - doable?
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Scale oversize pages inside an 8000+pg file
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 05:24:18 PM »
Create a new action and start with Select by Page Size and enter you dimensions in there for the 36 x 24 pages. Then you should be able to scale and rotate the selected pages. Pretty easy I think.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline delooch

• Ninja Member
  • Are you not entertained?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »
yep.  I have a "preflight fixup" - in DC

I get a weekly 1800 page whopper with random sizes that needs to be normalized to LTR or 11x17, i use a "preflight fixup" - at least thats how i learned it - same as an action?

i have it scale anything under LTR size to LTR, and anything over LTR to 11x17 - this reduces all the maps and other bullshit people dont pay attention to, works like a charm.

cant remember exactly how i did it but heres a screenshot:

"We the unwilling, trained by the unskilled, do the impossible for the ungrateful, ten minutes too late."

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 11:49:50 AM »
ditto ^

You can create your own and save them for later use as well, like he said. I usually take a similar described fixup and modify it, then save it with a new name.
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway