Recent

Author Topic: Upgrading older iMac to SSD  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Upgrading older iMac to SSD
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »
It was probably originally downloaded with the old certificate. This download should have the new certificate.
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member
  • The jerk store called, and they're out of you.
Re: Upgrading older iMac to SSD
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 09:42:33 AM »
I think I might try replacing the LED driver board - looks like an inexpensive thing to try and if it doesn't help I'm only out 20 or 30 bucks.
Well, I found a used one on eBay for $13 and ordered it. When it arrived, it was not the same board as pictured. I would have tried it anyway, but one of the ports that accepts a cable was broken off. The seller refunded my money instantly. Found another one on eBay (also $13) and ordered that, it arrived yesterday and I installed it. So far, so good - I was able to turn the brightness up past 3 and it didn't go black. I'm working from home next week so if it doesn't black out again I'll consider the issue solved. Wish I had done it sooner!
Prinergy 8.1.1.286 • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!