Recent

Author Topic: Upgrading older iMac to SSD  (Read 1019 times)

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member
  • The jerk store called, and they're out of you.
Re: Upgrading older iMac to SSD
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
Up and running - after dinner I installed the SSD into the iMac (great instructions from OWC) and it's a nice improvement - super quiet and boots up fast. I was hoping it might solve my "can't turn the screen brightness past 3 or the whole screen turns black and won't come back unless I press the power button to put it to sleep, then jiggle the mouse to bring it back up and real quick turn the brightness back to 3" issue but that would just have been a fringe benefit.

Now to find the Java SE 6 Runtime - for some reason my old CS apps won't run because it say it can't find it, which is strange because I brought everything from the old system but I think I have something at work that I can dig up to remedy that.
Prinergy 8.1.1.286 • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 12:13:10 AM »
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 07:20:37 AM »
Joe, you magnificent bastard! Whatever I tried and downloaded yesterday wouldn't install but yours magically did. Thanks!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 08:34:31 AM »
 :rotf: Greatest compliment I've ever received! Thank you. :rotf:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Offline DCurry

• Ninja Member

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 03:06:22 PM »
I *just* did this on Windows 10 to a regular HD and not SSD and AOEMI partition assistant software was totally worth the $40 for OS migration.  https://www.diskpart.com/download-home.html
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway