Beauty job descriptions looking for workers

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, March 28, 2019, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I drive 50 minutes each way and hate every second of it. :shoots_self:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

I'm sort of blessed in that regard.
Ive been working here a long time, first commute was like 7 miles or less as the company moved once.
Commute since '97 from a different "city" the other direction is 8 to 10 miles depending if I take interstate or don't feel like it and just drive overland.
I should feel bad  :angel:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

You shouldn't feel bad. Feel lucky. :cheesy:

born2print

For sure. I know folks here at the shop that have a 1hour + commute each way every day.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

DPSprint

I dont mind mine, 35 mins each way, open road speed most of the way, country road and mountains behind me on the way in and my view as I drive home.
It's pretty good to be heading out of town each day after work  :banana:

DigiCorn

I didn't apply. My kid goes in the Kindergarten next year and I still want to keep my flexible schedule to do field trips and such.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DPSprint on April 04, 2019, 12:57:20 PM
I dont mind mine, 35 mins each way, open road speed most of the way, country road and mountains behind me on the way in and my view as I drive home.
It's pretty good to be heading out of town each day after work  :banana:

Yeah I can see why...

New Zealand scenery vs Illinois scenery.

Tracy

sheesh that is so beautiful, (New Zealand) :laugh:
I live and work in the same town!

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on April 04, 2019, 01:30:07 PM
sheesh that is so beautiful, (New Zealand) :laugh:
I live and work in the same town!
I almost do...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

I live and work in the same town as well...

my view is concrete streets and butt ends of other people's cars.

In the summer I get the addition of heat waves coming off the concrete.

WOOHOO!

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

delooch

Possum

25 to 30 mins. one way for me. Mostly rural highway, sometimes slowed down for a hay bailer or similar, but the only time I really get ticked off is if I don't leave early enough and traffic in town gets heavier. Then I get to sit through two light changes at the traffic lights.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

pabney

Hour 15 for me. Been doing it for 25+ years. Give me time to forget my work troubles before I get home.
Could NOT live in the city.

Joe

I did an hour and half each way for about 2.5 years once. Thought it was going to kill me. Mainly because we were working 12+ hours a day.

mc hristel

I currently drive 45 miles each way which translates into about an hour. Before I changed jobs I was almost exactly 1 mile away which was a 5 minute trip.

The short trip was way better, but I mostly don't mind the long drive except in the winter or road construction season.